Leatherman Squirt PS4 Specifications:
2.25 in | 5.72 cm (Closed)
2 oz | 56.4 g (Weight)
1.6 in | 4.06 cm (Blade Length)
My first MT was a Leatherman Wave and while that is an excellent MT. It just wasn’t a perfect EDC MT for me due to it’s weight (8.5oz). Since the Wave treated me well, I went back to Leatherman website and started browsing their extensive line up for something that would work for me, and I stumbled across the Squirt PS4. The Leatherman Squirt PS4 is a lightweight multi tool that weights 2oz. It fits perfectly in a pant or coat pocket, or on your keychain. If you’re looking for a little multi-tool that you can carry as part of your EDC system no matter what you’re doing, then the Leatherman Squirt PS4 is the perfect tool for you !!
In the box was the Squirt PS4 (keyring attachment not included) , user care booklet and that’s about it. The keyring attachment I picked up at one of the local hardware stores (Lowes I think). Upon taking it out of the box, I started playing with it and using it on misc stuff around the house immediately. The MT is a full stainless body with anodized aluminum scales. So not only is it light weight but the aluminum scales allow you to get a good grip on it even in a wet environment. The open and close action on all the tools is real smooth and no in/out or side/side movement.
I am gonna go over each individual tool on the PS4 here:
- Knife: The Squirt PS4 has a 1.6″ 420HC Flat / single bevel blade which I would give about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for sharpness. It’s more than sharp enough for most light duty cutting. Anything more than light duty I would use a pocket knife.
- File: This is a four sided wood / metal file. I’ve used the file to clean corrosion of battery terminals to get my jeep back up and running. Another day I was out mountain biking and I was having a issue with a new derailer and the washer needed grinded down. I used the PS4 to tear apart the whole back end of my bike and grind down the washer for it to work again.
- Bottle Opener: The bottle opener works flawless. One thing I do want to add. I’ve actually used the bigger flat end of the bottle opener for larger flat head screws and to do light duty prying, such as opening paint cans etc..
- Flat/Phillips Screwdriver: Unlike a Gerber MT I used in the past that rounded off the head of a phillips head screw, the Squirt PS4 hasn’t rounded off a single screw.
- Scissors: The scissors work great. I use them a ton when I am out on the boat and I need to cut some fishing line or misc item. They probably aren’t going to cut a battle rope in half but for most medium/light duty stuff they’ll work excellent.
- Pliers: Last but not least, the pliers. The pliers are spring action and have needlenose, wire cutters, and notches for gripping bolts, nuts etc. I’ve used these things on a lot of different stuff. They will take a beating and beg for more.
I would give the Leatherman Squirt PS4 5-stars.
It has good value, good craftsmanship, and it’s backed by a 25 year warranty.
Visit our affiliate for the best price on a Leatherman Squirt PS4.